Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

Whoa. I know I'm late on this one. You'll have to forgive me. If anything, I spent the past few days on and off with this game. At least you know it's worth a shot.

I was skeptical at first, but knowing that a handful of my friends were getting this, I was pretty much convinced to just pay for it and get it done. Having another Assassin's Creed title within a year of it's previous installment left me wondering. If anything, the midnight was somewhat amusing. This time, I have pictures!

Around 9:45pm, I headed up to work and saw that a few customers were soliciting in front of our store. Im not sure what bothered me most: The heavy metal booming from a black car parked right in front or the saliva drooling from guys staring at my...hoodie. They had every right. I'll show you the picture when I get a good shot of myself in it. I walked in, said hi to my co-workers. And was handed my number.

(Subtract one zero...oh yeah...)


Lucky number 7. Oh yeah. I mean, nothing could go wrong after that. I could tell, cause I actually filled out an application for IBC Banking that same day. Within hours, I was told I had a new job. Imagine my suprise. I'll be happy to highlight the pro's of my new job in a future post. My better half showed up 5 minutes later after I was discussing the changes and job with my boss. I wasn't sure of his reaction since Black Friday followed next week. We waited for my buddy, Archangellus, who was working that night to take his lunch break. Wanna know what else was lucky about that?



(Happy couple enjoying their Whataburger)
WHATABURGER!!! It's just so damn good. Seriously, all I need is Chick-Fil-A, Chipotle, and Whataburger around...and I'm pretty much hell bent on making it a lunch every week. What can I say? I love their sweet tea and breakfast taquitos. Ironically enough, we had Chick-Fil-A earlier, so I just sat down and enjoyed yet, another large sweet tea. Im not sure what's going to come first...diabetes or heart attack. It was a nice change rather then sitting up at the midnight release, waiting impatiently for a game. Also time spent well with our friend. Yes, that guy in the pic is better known as "SlayveX" I couldn't get a pic of Archangellus, only because I'm sure he doesn't want to be seen on the interwebs.

With a full stummy, we headed back at around 10:45pm. "Vex" headed back home, deciding to play a game of League of Legends instead of waiting the next hour. "Arch" clocked back in and I spent a little more time hanging at the store. My manager got permission to let customers demo the game, which was awesome. The sneak peak drew in the "cool guys" hanging out in the front. Seriously, it was nice. It meant we didn't have to hear the disturbing metal rattling our windows.





Ten minutes till midnight, everyone started lining up. A decent turn-out came for Assassin's Creed and Need for Speed. What, Need for Speed, what? I was 7 of around 35 total customers for a joint midnight release. "Vex" was 11, standing not too far behind me. Chilling in line, I still had a few guys asking about my hoodie. In all honesty, an old co-worker gave it to me when he figured my store manager couldn't fit it. Oh, and no. That's not the reason he's an "old co-worker" as of now. 12 am struck, and we were handed our games. I'll let you know, there was plenty of street racing and backstabbing to be had in the following hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment