Friday, July 29, 2011

To Reserve Or Not To Reserve?

I get asked a lot of questions about my work from time to time. Let me be honest, I love to give insight about what I'm allowed to talk about when it comes to Gamestop. I do give my opinion about how I feel being employed there. Every now and then, a nice little argument starts up about one service we offer in particular..

Reserving a game.

Now ever since the Gamestop was established where I live, I've been reserving from them. I really don't regret it. For some reason or another, people are indifferent about reserving. I can't count how many times I've wanted to slap someone from behind the counter cause they wanted to buy "Insert Grade A Tittle Here" on day one, but we were out of stock. Then I ask "Why didn't you reserve it?", to which they reply with a blank face and say "I thought you'd have extras." I also can't keep count how many times people ask for the reservation gift or premium and they didn't reserve the game.

Honestly, how hard is it to put 5 bucks down on a game you know you want to get on day 1 that also comes with a gift? It goes towards the purchase, so you aren't paying extra. Your game is held for 48 hours after release, unless you ask otherwise. I wouldn't call it shenanigans, it's a pretty viable system. Even if you read reviews the day before the game comes out, you can get your money back with however you paid for it. "Ta-frickin-da!" We even have an automated system where you get a call, an email, or txt the day before your game comes out. So that way, you don't forget you reserved it.

In some cases, there have been rare mishaps, but they've been fixed. Not getting a call, or the reservation was on the wrong game. We'll go as far as needed to get your transaction right and make sure you walk out happy.

Seriously, reserving is as easy as 1, 2, 3. No matter who you reserve from, it's beneficial for games  you know are going to be hard to get and you want. We understand if it's something you aren't sure of. And I don't know about other Gamestop employees, but if you say no, then you got it. UNLESS you are examples I've mentioned above. Then I try my best to help you realize the consequences of the examples.

1 comment:

  1. I hate customers who have a year to preorder something, then show up on day 1 thinking we'd have extras. Especially for Call of Duty. We turned away a few, but honestly we should have turned away every single person who didn't have a preorder. Those people are douchebags anyway.

    ReplyDelete